Where to go in January? When we led groups on walks, here are some of
our favorites for this time of year:
1. On a clear day, walk along the bluffs at Ebey’s Landing, with views
of the snow-capped Olympic Mountains.
2. Walk the Quimper Wildlife Corridor from North Beach through Cappy’s
3. Explore Fort Flagler’s beaches, bluffs, forests, and historical
structures, keeping an eye out for the resident Bald Eagles.
4. Plan your own route for an “Urban Bestiary Neighborhood Nature
Walk” in Port Townsend, definitely including Point Hudson, Kah Tai
Lagoon, and Chetzemoka Park.
5. Take your binoculars to Gardiner Lagoon, down by the Gardiner boat
launch, an overwintering site for a variety of ducks and geese.